We are a group of students at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA who are in solidarity with the indigenous Palestinian people for their right to self determination and resistance to Israeli apartheid and occupation In addition to organizing protests, memorials, and other events that attempt to visualize the Palestinian struggle, we organize frequent educational events that give a voice to the Palestinian narrative as well as highlight the plight of the Palestinian people under Israeli aggression.
This website is designed to help support education on campus as well as be an easy way to find out what we are up to. Check out the different pages:
- About where we share with you the history of our group and explain how we managed get Hampshire college to be the first school in the US to divest from the illegal Israeli occupation of Palestine.
- Events find upcoming events and thoughts/reactions to past events.
- Resources where we want to help you connect to credible grassroots resources of information about Palestine.
We are committed to answering the 2005 call issued by Palestinian civil society for the BDS (Boycott, Divest and Sanction) movement.
“We, representatives of Palestinian civil society, call upon international civil society organizations and people of conscience all over the world to impose broad boycotts and implement divestment initiatives against Israel similar to those applied to South Africa in the apartheid era. We appeal to you to pressure your respective states to impose embargoes and sanctions against Israel. We also invite conscientious Israelis to support this Call, for the sake of justice and genuine peace.
These non-violent punitive measures should be maintained until Israel meets its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the precepts of international law by:
1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall
2. Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
3. Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.”